Wednesday, February 13, 2013
#7 Love from head to toe!
After wanting and desiring a new baby for so long, and finally accepting that it was not going to happen. Lorena's mother started praying for god to take this desire away, getting a new job and keeping busy she accepted this. When one day the phone rang and to their shock it was a family friend offering this brand new baby to their family (as his mother could no longer provide), after a family meeting and agreeing the family took the little baby in. Night after night the new mother cared for this baby, with strong feelings but not love just yet. "There were times when my mom held him and felt guilty because she did not feel the same intensity of love for him as she had for us." Yet she chose to love Tyler James more and more everyday. Now Tyler is 11, and they are as close as any other family, with "gotch-ya" day (celebrating the day they got wonderful Tyler James).
This is an amazing story, and I cry when reading or hearing it because it is so beautiful. Where she admits, her mother not feeling all the love she should have had for Tyler at first but admitting it came with time. I do believe love is a choice. I love my babies so very much! I could never imagine how hard this was for this family or any other family that goes through it. I would have to admit, I've thought of adoption lots, but this give me know outlooks on it. What if I didn't love this new baby the same? What if they were treated different because they are different?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment