Monday, February 4, 2013

#6 Facebook in a Crowd

Facebook in a crowd-struck me as so true. It seems very few people actually like to make plans and get together anymore. It seems as though chatting once or twice a week on f.b. or through text messages is "staying in touch". Where in reality we are falling farther and farther apart. I have 202 f.b. friends on my page, and I personally know or am related to about 85% of them. But how often do we chat, or see one another is a whole different story. Hell most of my "friends" on there I went to school with, and are truly just acquaintances that wanna keep in touch. I cannot even attend most of my friends events on f.b. cause nothing is PRE PLANNED its all, fly by the seat of your pants. Where as, before when we used phones, met up in person, or mailed each other to connect was more fulfilling it seems. You could plan things together and around each others schedules. Now it seems most people set the date and f.b. post it. Do not get me wrong, I am very please with this day in age's technology, even my 7 year old daughter knows so much about computers and f.b. she has her own account with just family on it. I think its a bit over used and kinda depressing because it actually makes us feel emotionally whole, but really typing to someone via a screen makes you feel more lonely all in all. I think we should make more of an effort to spend time with people, gives you the actual one on one we all need. In closing, f.b. is great in my opinion, but only as long as we are staying in touch with real people as well. You will be lonely as hell is you just stayed in all day on the computer lacking real human contact, its just not healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment