Wednesday, January 23, 2013

#4 Malcom X Literacy Behind Bars



          I honestly had no idea Malcom X was imprisoned until I read this.  It seems he learned a lot about reading and writing while he was locked in.  Re-entering into anyworld a more edjucated man is amazing, but by the ability of choice.  Thats amazing he chose to be edjucated, he wanted to know how to read and write, and so he learned it.  Day in and day out by the grace of god and determination, Malcom X not only taught himslef but he taught himself well.  He is a great, well know and respected writer.  And who knew he only went to the 8th grade.  So smart, dedicated, and intelligent.

        This gives me insentive to keep going, and to know I can finish school, and become whatever I want. If this man can do it from a cell, I can do it from college. It also makes me realize I enjoy to read and enojoy learning.  If anything else with all these readings I can say little by little it forces us to look at and compare ourselves with the writers on multiple different levels.  Do I agree/disagree?  Am I like him/her?  Which is something I totally enjoy about reading and writing.


1 comment:

  1. I like how you are comparing your experience to the author's! This is a great first step to responding in writing!

    ReplyDelete